Year in review, 2017
I figure if this gets posted before March it still counts as an end of the year review! 2017 was an exciting time for Eastern Idaho Spine, Sports and Rehab. A few highlights:
End of the year review:
1. We were thrilled to be added as the exclusive Idaho Regenexx provider.www.regenexx.com This has allowed us to take our regenerative medicine to the highest level, particularly offering cutting edge spine procedures to patients from Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and we even had a patient fly in from California for treatment! (She is doing great!).
2. We introduced perineural injections as a new therapy for patients with chronic pain. This helps us better treat patients with nerve pain with a relatively low-invasive procedure.
3. We welcomed our new office manager, Logan Black, who joined us from the IHC system in St. George, and who has truly led our clinic and helped us grow further and flourish.
Upcoming in 2018:
1. We have added an additional physician, Dr. Janet Balbierz, MD, a subspecialist from UT, who will be coming up monthly to do EMGs. Dr. Balbierz is an extremely skilled physician with years of practice and will allow us to accurately diagnose complex patients with neuromuscular problems (we previously had to send these patients to Salt Lake).
2. We look forward to welcoming Dr. Andrew Cooper, DO, who is finishing his fellowship and will be joining us in July/August. Dr. Cooper is an Idaho Falls native and is excited to return to his hometown.
3. We are moving our Idaho Falls office...again! We have undergone quite a few moves these past two years; moving can be a challenge, but it is all due to very positive growth. Look for announcements later this spring as to our new location. With enormous gratitude to all of our patients working to improve their health and all of our staff who bring their best to work every day, we look forward to continued excellence in 2018. With great appreciation, Dr. V